Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, located in Kenner, Louisiana, is a Roman
Catholic parochial elementary school. In the year 1877, Perpetual Help parish was officially established as St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church in Kenner, making it the first canonical parish in East Jefferson.
In the year 1928, a new parochial school was established in St. Mary’s Parish which eventually became known as Our Lady of Perpetual Help. The convent was completed in 1929 and became the residence for the Sisters of Mercy, who had been commuting from St. Alphonsus in New Orleans to teach in Kenner.
In 1948 a new rectory was built and plans formulated for a new school annex which was built in 1951. In 1956 the new church/school gym building and classrooms were dedicated.
In 1961 the present school building was dedicated. In August of 2004, OLPH Parish celebrated the dedication and opening of the new Mercy Center, which includes a gym, library, music room, and various administrative offices.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.